Veterans Affairs Office is maintained in Room 101 of the
Veterans are encouraged to complete admissions and testing requirements 90 to 120 days prior to the period for which they wish to enroll.
For questions concerning your veteran benefits, contact 409-880-7198 or 409-880-8968 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For individuals who entered the military on or after
Ch 31: Vocational Rehabilitation
Provides training and rehabilitation for veterans with a service-connected disability with a rating of at least 20%.
Ch 32: VEAP
This post-Vietnam Era Education Assistance Program is for veterans
who began active duty on or after
Ch 34/30: Old GI Bill/Montgomery GI Bill
For veterans who were eligible to receive CH 34 benefits on
Ch 35: Survivors/Dependents Education Assistance
For dependents of a veteran who is 100% disabled or who has died from a service related injury or illness. A dependent may be a child under 26 or a surviving spouse.
For Persons who have enlisted, reenlisted or extended an
enlistment in the Selective Reserve on or after
Ch 1607: Reserve Educational Assistance Program
For the Reservist called to active duty to support contingency or other specific operations.
A Texas veteran may qualify for an exemption from payment of tuition and most fees under the Hazlewood Act if he or she:
was a resident of
3. have served at least 181 days of active military duty as indicated in “net active service” (the sum of 12(c) and 12(d) on the DD214);
4. has received an honorable discharge or separation or a general discharge under honorable conditions;
5. has Federal education benefits for term or semester enrolled that do not exceed the value of Hazlewood benefits (Pell and SEOG grants are not relevant as of Fall 2005);
6. is not in default on a Federal education loan or student loan made or guaranteed by the State of Texas; and
7. enrolls in classes for which the college receives tax support unless the governing board of the college rules to allow the exemption.
You will be required to present a letter from the VA regional
If you meet the criteria listed above you should contact the Veterans Affairs Office and let them know you may be eligible.
This exemption cannot be used at a private or propriety institution.
There are no funds in the Hazlewood Act. It is an exemption from payment of
tuition and all fees except for the property deposit fees and the student
service fees. The Hazlewood Act exemption
can only be used at a
Please click here to view Veterans Rates effective October 1, 2013.
Frequently Called Numbers
Education Benefits Inquiries 1-888-442-4551 (888 GIBILL 1)
Automated Monthly Verification 1-877-823-2378
Direct Deposit and Address Changes 1-877-838-2778