Department of Speech and Hearing Sciences: Faculty
William (Bill) Harn
Ph. D. Southern Illinois University at Carbondale
Licensed Speech-Language Pathologist, CCC-SLP
- Expertise: Psycholinguistics; Neurogenic Disorders in Children and Adults
- Teaching: Aphasia; Research Methods; Phonetics; Communication Intervention with Individuals with Severe Disabilities
- Research: Analysis of conversational competence in clinical populations
- Recent Publications and manuscripts submitted:
- Bellon-Harn, M. & Harn, W. (2006). Analysis of social communication in middle school children with Asperger syndrome: Two case studies. Child Language Teaching and Therapy, 22, 1-26.
- Bellon-Harn, M., Hoffman, P., & Harn, W. (2004). Use of cloze and contrast word procedures on in repeated storybook reading: targeting multiple domains. Journal of Communication Disorders, 37, 53-75.
- Bellon-Harn, M. & Harn, W. (manuscript in submission). Fluency and rate of speech in adults with HIV/AIDS. Journal of Communication Disorders.
- Bellon-Harn, M. & Harn, W. (manuscript in submission). Targeting prosody in a child with high-functioning autism during an interactive approach to therapy. Child Language Teaching and Therapy.
- Bellon-Harn, M. & Harn, W. (manuscript in submission). Scaffolding strategies during repeated storybook reading: An extension ?using a voice output communication device. Focus on Autism and other Developmental Disorders.
- Service Interests: Chairperson, Department of Speech and Hearing Sciences