Department of Speech and Hearing Sciences: Faculty
Vickie B. Dionne, Au.D, F-AAA, CCC-A
Board Certified Audiologist
Phone: (409) 880-8172
Clinical applications, hearing aids, practice management, ethics
Hearing Anatomy and Disorders (undergraduate), Advanced Hearing Aids, Practice Management, Introduction to Audiological Studies, Medical Audiology, Clinical Practicum (doctoral level), Cochlear Implants
Currently conducting research with the Lamar University Football players to determine best practices for concussion management for at risk athletes. Faculty mentor for student projects investigating tinnitus treatments, balance disorders in children with cochlear implants and Spanish word lists for audiological testing.
- Jean F. Andrews and Vickie Dionne, "Down the Language Rabbit Hole with Alice": A Case Study of a Deaf Girl with a Cochlear Implant," International Journal of Otolaryngology, vol. 2011, Article ID 326379, 8 pages, 2011.
- Dionne, V. & Foenander, K. "Counseling and Supervision in Audiology." Communication Sciences Student Survival Guide, Second Edition, Delmar Cengage Learning, Fall, 2009.
- Dionne, V. & Brusiniak, R. "Valuable Lessons Learned from Serving on the State Licensing Board Complaints Committee." TSHA Communicologist, April, 2009.
- Andrews, J. & Dionne, V. "Audiology and Deaf Education – Preparing the Next Generation". Advance for Speech Language Pathologists and Audiologists, May, 2008.
- Working closely with area Sertoma International Club, Lion's Club and Children's Miracle Network to provide hearing aids to underserved adults and children in the Golden Triangle Area.
- Serving a 6 year term as a gubernatorial appointee to the Texas Speech Language Pathology and Audiology Licensing Board.
- Serving the University as a member of the Athletic Council and Faculty Promotion Appeal Committee.