- On-Campus Employment
- Online Publications
Exploring multiple majors or search for information about your chosen field of study. Here you can learn about the typical career areas and the types of employers that hire people with each major, as well as strategies to make you a more marketable candidate.
Click to Visit the My Next Move website
You will see three different categories that will assist you with career development.
• “I want to be a…”
• “I’ll know it when I see it.”
• “I’m not really sure.”
The information in these categories will provide you with details about specific industries such as salary range, job outlook, skills, training, and educational requirements. Please explore all three categories to ensure you are covering every area of interest.
To take the career assessment CLICK ON “I’m not really sure.”
Here is some basic information about the assessment:
• 60 questions, no right or wrong answer, answer to the best of your ability
• Results-are broken down into Holland’s codes referring to personality types
• Realistic, Investigative, Artistic, Social, Enterprising, Conventional will indicate your type
• Job Zones- how much preparation is needed
• Careers- provides career choice based on selections
If you would like to review this information in further detail or discuss major and career options, contact us at 409-880-8878.